My more memorable accomplishments as a senior technical communicator include these products and services:
Samples of my work are available in my Document Portfolio and my Web Portfolio.
Much of the work I’ve performed is not available because it was (or is) either classified or protected by client corporate policies.
- Developed system and user documentation for Hewlett-Packard in support of their contract with the U.S. Navy to provide the Navy Enterprise Oracle Portal (NEP-O)
- Created user and administrator guides & online Help for FleetRIDE, a US Navy HR Web application
- Created systems maintenance document for major Web portal application at Aflac, Inc.
- Documented CMMI process for Supplier Agreement Management at Anthem Blue Cross–Blue Shield
- Authored user and installation guides for Virginia Housing Development Authority
- Produced for Christian Children’s Fund application installation instructions for client workstations in Third World nations; technical instructions for Oracle replication
- Produced for SunTrust, Inc. comprehensive administration guide for Retail Mortgage Compensation Incentive Plans
- Authored LiveLink manual, online documentation, HR application guide, acceptance tests, QA database, SDLC documentation, & technology architecture documentation for Philip Morris USA
- Produced SDM documentation from concept, requirements, design, testing, and user manuals for Nextel Communications—I was a key player in this IT project delivered early and under budget
- Authored and published user documentation for applications developed in LotusNotes for the Enforcement Division of the US Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Created and edited technical documents and reports for AirTouch Cellular Y2K project in the Atlanta GA marketing region
- Created and edited technical documentation for NuTCRACKER™, a product used to port UNIX applications to WindowsNT—I reviewed and edited over 1,000 topics, including commands and utilities, APIs, and macros used by developers
- Designed & wrote a guidebook for US Navy shipboard oil pollution abatement systems—This project earned an award for Distinguished Technical Communication from the Washington, DC Chapter of the Society for Technical Communication
- Documented SOPs for the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency for the development, shipment, installation and operation of remote atmospheric radionuclide monitoring laboratories to monitor Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty compliance
System Security Analysis & Documentation
- Analyzed information security requirements issued by the Virginia Information Technology Agency (VITA). Prepared Information System Security Risk Assessments and Security Plans for agencies such as the State Corporation Commission.
- Developed & conducted security tests and evaluations, risk assessments, vulnerability analyses, management plans, and accreditation documentation for National Photographic Interpretation Center and Naval Technical Intelligence Center
- Evaluated security design and integration of custom-built and commercial software products and hardware
- Authored requirements specification for DISA Secure Mail Guard
- Conducted risk analysis of a Department of Justice facility
- Conducted requirements analysis & authored system evaluation objectives and test plans to implement Trusted Solaris secure operating system on Sun workstations
- Conducted information system analyses for Potomac Appalachian Trail Club
Website Design & Development
Designed, developed, and deployed the Websites for:
- U.S. Naval Cryptologic Veterans Association
- Richmond Battlefield Park Lions Club
- Fire and Life Safety America, Inc.
- Millfield Baptist Church
- Acme Treadway Company
- South Shenandoah
- Created marketing e–mail for Mimaki, Inc.
- Authored membership and recruiting brochures for the Potomac Appalachian Trail Club
- Organized and wrote a marketing book for a new cosmeceutical for You Look So Young LLC, a start-up located in Fairfax County, Virginia