My more memorable accomplishments as a senior technical communicator include these products and services. Samples of my work are available in my Document Portfolio and my Web Portfolio.
- Developed system and user documentation for Hewlett-Packard in support of their contract with the U.S. Navy to provide the Navy Enterprise Oracle Portal (NEP-O)
- Created user and administrator guides & online Help for FleetRIDE, a US Navy HR Web application
- Created systems maintenance document for major Web portal application at Aflac, Inc.
- Documented CMMI process for Supplier Agreement Management at Anthem Blue Cross–Blue Shield
- Authored user and installation guides for Virginia Housing Development Authority
- Produced for Christian Children’s Fund application installation instructions for client workstations in Third World nations; technical instructions for Oracle replication
- Produced for SunTrust, Inc. comprehensive administration guide for Retail Mortgage Compensation Incentive Plans
- Authored LiveLink manual, online documentation, HR application guide, acceptance tests, QA database, SDLC documentation, & technology architecture documentation for Philip Morris USA
- Produced SDM documentation from concept, requirements, design, testing, and user manuals for Nextel Communications—I was a key player in this IT project delivered early and under budget
- Authored and published user documentation for applications developed in LotusNotes for the Enforcement Division of the US Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Created and edited technical documents and reports for AirTouch Cellular Y2K project in the Atlanta GA marketing region
- Created and edited technical documentation for NuTCRACKER™, a product used to port UNIX applications to WindowsNT—I reviewed and edited over 1,000 topics, including commands and utilities, APIs, and macros used by developers
- Designed & wrote a guidebook for US Navy shipboard oil pollution abatement systems—This project earned an award for Distinguished Technical Communication from the Washington, DC Chapter of the Society for Technical Communication
- Documented SOPs for the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency for the development, shipment, installation and operation of remote atmospheric radionuclide monitoring laboratories to monitor Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty compliance
System Security Analysis & Documentation
- Analyzed information security requirements issued by the Virginia Information Technology Agency (VITA). Prepared Information System Security Risk Assessments and Security Plans for agencies such as the State Corporation Commission.
- Developed & conducted security tests and evaluations, risk assessments, vulnerability analyses, management plans, and accreditation documentation for National Photographic Interpretation Center and Naval Technical Intelligence Center
- Evaluated security design and integration of custom-built and commercial software products and hardware
- Authored requirements specification for DISA Secure Mail Guard
- Conducted risk analysis of a Department of Justice facility
- Conducted requirements analysis & authored system evaluation objectives and test plans to implement Trusted Solaris secure operating system on Sun workstations
- Conducted information system analyses for Potomac Appalachian Trail Club
Website Design & Development
Designed, developed, deployed, and manage websites for:
- U.S. Naval Cryptologic Veterans Association
- Richmond Battlefield Park Lions Club
- Clear View Strategies
- Clontz Family Ancestry
- Acme Treadway Company
- South Shenandoah
- Created marketing e–mail for Mimaki, Inc.
- Authored membership and recruiting brochures for the Potomac Appalachian Trail Club
- Organized and wrote a marketing book for a new cosmeceutical for You Look So Young LLC, a start-up located in Fairfax County, Virginia
NOTE: Much of the work I’ve performed is not available because it was (or is) either classified or protected by client corporate policies.